Christmas Gift Wrap
- According to Hallmark research, 98 percent of consumers say they wrap gifts during the holiday season.
- When it comes to what motivates consumers as they wrap gifts, they say that they are hoping to impress others, just get it done, or express their sense of humor through their choice of holiday gift wrap.
- The majority of gift wrap is purchased by people ages 30 to 59. Moms buy over one-third of the gift wrap items.
- Hallmark is credited with founding the modern-day gift wrap industry in 1917.
2016 Product News
Hallmark holiday gift wrap is available to help make gift giving and receiving fun, exciting, surprising and personal. Gift wrap and accessories are available to wrap up the season with flair including:
- Multicultural - Hallmark Vida offers a beautiful and festive collection full of traditional images as well as colorful patterns with Spanish-language sentiments incorporated into most designs. Mahogany offers several gift bag designs to appeal to African-American consumers and others. And gift wrap and gift bags featuring iconic images and blue and silver designs are available for Hanukkah.
Additional Product Features
- Additional gift wrap options include stylized reversible rolls, gift card presenters, bottle bags, bottle gift boxes, ready-to-go bags, bag bundles and Hallmark Signature gift wrap.
- More than 100 Holiday gift bags are available in small, medium, large, x-large, grand, jumbo and bottle bags with tags.
- Hallmark provides a wide selection of elegant and fun accessories for the perfect finishing touch including ribbons, bows and decorative gift trims.
- Hallmark offers coordinating tissues and a variety of unusual and decorative premium gift tags and adhesive seals.
Hallmark is credited with founding the gift wrap industry when, during the Christmas season in 1917, stores ran out of the red, green, white and holly tissue sheets that people used to wrap gifts. Some decorative envelope lining papers from France were brought from Hallmark’s manufacturing plant and put on top of a showcase for 10 cents a sheet. They sold quickly.
The next year, the sheets were offered three for 25 cents, and they again sold out. Soon gift wrap became the first product Hallmark made that was a departure from greeting cards.
Available at Hallmark Gold Crown® stores nationwide and other participating Hallmark retailers. Use the store locator on Hallmark.com to find the nearest Hallmark Gold Crown store.